Good Food & Wine Show is back again in 2011, and visits the
big ugly shed Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre from July 15 to 17. This event gets bigger and better every year, and is an absolute must for anyone who loves food & wine. I will certainly be taking my shiny tasting fork, trousers with an elasticated waist and an assistant to carry all of the autographed cookbooks and MasterChef Australia branded paraphernalia that I will no doubt purchase.
So what can you expect from the show? Quote the official blurb: “This year attendees can succumb to their senses as they explore, indulge and sample good food, acclaimed local produce, enticing chocolates, luscious cheeses, and of course, award-winning Western Australian wines. With over 150 exhibitors it’s an epicureans delight.” What could be better?
There ‘s plenty of entertainment on offer as well as the opportunity to get hands-on, including:
- The 750-seat live Fisher & Paykel Celebrity Theatre will allow attendees to get up close and personal with some of Australia’s leading chefs, including George Calombaris, Gary Mehigan, Matt Moran, Manu Feildel and WA’s own Anna Gare. I’ve already started preparing my list of stupid things to shout at at George while he’s trying to cook.
- Celebrity Chef book signing. I’m conflicted by this one, because any book I cook from gets wet / covered in egg / set on fire.
- In the Riedel Wine Theatre visitors can learn the art of wine tasting and food matching.
- The CheeseMatters Discovery Class is a 45-minute tutored tasting exploring celebrated regional producers, relishing premium cheese samples, savouring expertly matched wine tastings, and learning from the industry’s best.
- Get a taste of South Australia at the Oxford Landing Estates Restaurant. Discover a delectable array of entrées, mains and desserts, all designed by reality TV stars Poh Ling Yeow and Marion Grasby.
- ‘Casa Barilla’ is a hands-on, interactive and engaging experience for all visitors. The stand features a live performance kitchen, where Barilla’s Executive Chef Luca Ciano will host free ‘Master Class Demonstrations.’
The show’s organisers have – somewhat bravely – invited me to attend, so expect live Tweeting and some straight reporting afterwards. I’ll be telling it like it is, but as always with tongue firmly planted in cheek. They’ve also been kind enough to provide me with two double passes to give away, so it’s time to get your thinking caps on.
To enter, complete this sentence: “The best breakfast I ever had was…”
- entries are to be emailed to [email protected]
- competition closes Sunday 19 June 2011 at 9:00pm (WST)
- two winners will each receive two tickets to the 2011 Perth Good Food & Wine Show. You can choose which day you attend.
- winners will be announced on this blog and Twitter
- I don’t want to hear your life story, just about one breakfast
- make me laugh, cry and / or salivate and you’ve got a good chance of winning
Thanks to the Good Food & Wine Show for providing the tickets. Good luck.