No matter whether you love cooking or you despise it, there is no denying that our time spent in the kitchen can often be a bit frustrating. After all, no matter how good you are at cooking, the washing up in itself is a chore. You then have the hassle of navigating the different appliances, and cutting onions is one task that can leave anyone in a bit of a state! With that in mind, read on to discover some kitchen hacks that will make your life easier…
- You should use cooking spray or cooking oil to give measuring cups a light coating before placing ingredients inside of them. This ensures that the likes of syrup and honey will slide right out so that you do not end up wasting anything.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to remove seeds from the likes of courgettes and pumpkins with ease.
- To stop your recipe book from getting dirty, using a coat hanger. Simply place the hanger on one of your cupboard door handles, and then attach the book in between the two pegs.
- To stop avocados from going brown, add a quarter of an onion into a container with the avocado.
- Invest in a quality knife sharpener. There is nothing better than buying a new knife set and experiencing the ease of cutting everything from meat to vegetables. However, after a few months, it starts to become a chore again. This is why you need to invest in a quality knife sharpener so that chopping becomes a breeze.
- Boost storage in your kitchen using over-the-door organisers. Over-the-door shoe racks are also great for organising snacks and other bits and pieces in the kitchen.
- Turn your leftover wine into ice cubes. Next time you create a Bolognese or any other sort of dish that requires wine; you can simply pop a wine ice cube into the pan.
- Rub your wooden chopping boards with coarse grain salt and leave them for around ten minutes. You should then use half a lemon to wipe the surface and dry it. This will ensure that you do not get the horrible odours that usually arise when washing chopping boards in the traditional manner.
- Another kitchen tip that can avoid tears when cooking (literally) is to put your onions in the freezer for 30 minutes before you plan on cutting it.
- Place a wooden spoon across the top of your pots to make sure liquid never boils over the top again.
So there you have it: a number of different kitchen hacks that will make your life easier. From investing in a knife sharpener to greasing measuring cups, if you follow these little tips, you will find life in the kitchen a lot easier.