Kitchen Hacks To Make Your Life Easier
No matter whether you love cooking or you despise it, there is no denying that our time spent in the kitchen can often be a bit frustrating. After all, no matter how good you are at cooking, the washing up in itself is a chore. You then have the hassle of navigating the different appliances, and cutting onions is one task that can leave anyone in a bit of a state! With that in mind, read on to discover some kitchen hacks that will make your life easier…
- You should use cooking spray or cooking oil to give measuring cups a light coating before placing ingredients inside of them. This ensures that the likes of syrup and honey will slide right out so that you do not end up wasting anything.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to remove seeds from the likes of courgettes and pumpkins with ease.
- To stop your recipe book from getting dirty, using a coat hanger. Simply place the hanger on one of your cupboard door handles, and then attach the book in between the two pegs.
- To stop avocados from going brown, add a quarter of an onion into a container with the avocado.
- Invest in a quality knife sharpener. There is nothing better than buying a new knife set and experiencing the ease of cutting everything from meat to vegetables. However, after a few months, it starts to become a chore again. This is why you need to invest in a quality knife sharpener so that chopping becomes a breeze.
- Boost storage in your kitchen using over-the-door organisers. Over-the-door shoe racks are also great for organising snacks and other bits and pieces in the kitchen.
- Turn your leftover wine into ice cubes. Next time you create a Bolognese or any other sort of dish that requires wine; you can simply pop a wine ice cube into the pan.
- Rub your wooden chopping boards with coarse grain salt and leave them for around ten minutes. You should then use half a lemon to wipe the surface and dry it. This will ensure that you do not get the horrible odours that usually arise when washing chopping boards in the traditional manner.
- Another kitchen tip that can avoid tears when cooking (literally) is to put your onions in the freezer for 30 minutes before you plan on cutting it.
- Place a wooden spoon across the top of your pots to make sure liquid never boils over the top again.
So there you have it: a number of different kitchen hacks that will make your life easier. From investing in a knife sharpener to greasing measuring cups, if you follow these little tips, you will find life in the kitchen a lot easier.
Hello! My name is Martin. I’m a food & travel writer based in Perth, Western Australia. Morsels is where I explore my loves of good food, bad food, travel and photography.