A few tasty morsels from around the web
- Curtis Stone to Host Top Chef Masters Season 3. He’s Australian, apparently. Perhaps he should include a quickfire challenge to help him feed four people for under $10 (Eater National & Slashfood)
- Junk food we’ll never see in Australia part 1 – Burger King’s Jalapeno & Cheese Stuffed Steakhouse Burger (Slashfood)
- Bob’s Burgers premieres in the USA. This seems to be promising, with humour dark enough without being over the top. No doubt it will turn up in Australia on Fox8 in due course (Eater National)
- Man accidentally shoots himself at McDonald’s. I’ve often thought about doing that after waiting in a drive through for 30 minutes and then being told to park in a service bay (justnews.com)
- Now available in Australia, and fully endorsed by Marcus Wareing, is the Kenwood Cooking Chef. Move over Thermomix…but at the $2,000 mark you wonder why they’re advertising it on the back page of the budget focused “Recipe” magazine?
- Neil Perry’s Rockpool about to hit Perth. I can’t wait for this one, I’m a huge fan of Rockpool Bar & Grill Melbourne. Nowhere else have I eaten carrots so good that I’d stick my fork in the back of someone’s hand to stop them getting the last one. It’s opening on 24th January according to its website (The Age).